Our School Libraries
The Jefferson County School District is committed to enhancing student learning by promoting the effective use of instructional media in all JEFCOED schools.
The Library Media Program vision is to support each student’s growth as lifelong learners by using best practices to provide research skills, literacy tools, and foster an inquiry-based collaborative learning environment.
Jefferson County Library Media Program is committed to supporting lifelong learning for all students by:
- Providing a safe, organized, and innovative learning environment to promote creativity
- Providing access to traditional print and digital sources of information
- Providing instruction to produce information literate patrons and to create interest in reading
- Improving reading skills and diversity through storytelling
- Collaborating with all stakeholders to provide innovative engaging instruction of diverse content to meet the needs of individual students.