Welcome to Erwin Middle School
Effectively provide for the diverse needs of all learners on their JEFCOED Journey.
Achieve success through innovative instruction, responsible resource management and stateholder engagement.
-All students can successfully learn/become life-ready.
-We use data to inform/ continuously improve.
-We work as a team for our student's success.
-Our goal is to always become better.
-Schools are safe/secure with appropriate support.
-Wise/equitable/transparent use of resources creates an environment for success.
Dress Code Reminders
- Jeans with open holes above the knee are not allowed
- Skirts and dresses must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee
- Cut off tops, tank tops, and mesh or sheer tops can be worn if a t-shirt with sleeves is worn underneath or another shirt is worn over the top. The cover shirt or undershirt may not be clear or mesh
- No halter-tops, spaghetti strap tops. Midriff tops, or overly revealing shirts
- Purses and book bags are not allowed in class
- Leggings and jeggings are allowed only if you have appropriate clothing over them that meet the dress code policy
Class of 2022 Earns More Than 100 Million in Scholarship Offers for a 2nd Consecutive Year
The Jefferson County Board of Education will have a Special Called Board meeting on May 10, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. at the board’s office 2100 18th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama. The purpose of the meeting shall be to consider and vote on certain bid documents and other board business in open session and to enter into executive session in accordance with Alabama law, to discuss with the Board’s attorney pending legal issues. The Jefferson County Board of Education will meet for our regular Committee Meeting immediately following the Executive Session.